Marinated Brussels SproutsPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 8by Micheline120 recipes>
These brussels sprouts are a bit spicy, a bit tangy, a bit sweet, just the correct combination of flavours.
- 2 to 3 lbs brussels sprouts (cleaned, trimmed)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) tarragon vinegar (or red wine vinegar or any other flavoured vinegar of your choice
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) oil (canola, grapeseed)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup OR white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sea salt
- Dash bottled hot sauce (Tabasco type)
- 1-2 sliced green onions OR 1 tsp (15 ml) onion powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated ginger
- Cook brussels sprouts until tender. Let them cool. In the meantime, combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, salt and hot sauce. Add the brussels sprouts and the onions or powder. Mix well. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight. Stir and drain before serving.
Leave a review or comment