Marie Callender's Banana Cream Pie
- 1 x nine-inch pie crust baked, cooled
- 2 x bananas sliced
- 1/4 c. soft cream cheese beaten
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c. evaporated lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 c. whole lowfat milk
- 4 x egg yolks beaten
- 2 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1/8 c. sliced almonds
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3/4 c. chilled whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla Chilled glass or possibly metal mixing bowl
- Fold in a 2-qt sauce pan, sugar, cornstarch, salt, evaporated lowfat milk and whole lowfat milk. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly till mix thickens and boils for 1 minute. Remove from heat, slowly pour half of the warm mix into Large eggs and stir till which mix is completely incorporated.
- Pour the egg mix into the pot with the other half of pudding and continue to cook on medium heat till it reaches boiling stage again. Add in cream cheese and mix thoroughly. (Use a hand mixer, it will dissolve the cream cheese better and make the pudding lighter and creamier.)
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla and butter, keep using the hand mixer till all is blended. Let pudding stand for 15 min but while still hot pour half of pudding in pie shell and layer with bananas then pour remainder of pudding on top.
- When pie is completely cooled top with fresh whipped cream and garnish with sliced almonds.
- Fresh Whipped Cream Topping: Pour cream in to a glass or possibly metal bowl and beat till soft peaks form gradually add in pwdr sugar till all has been blended and then add in vanilla slowly till it has also been blended. Mix should have stiff peaks. The whipped cream may be put into a pastry bag and used for which added effect.
Leave a review or comment