Maple Mesquite Bar-B-Que SaucePrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 3by Julia Ann Souders63 recipes>
Here is a recipe for a sweet and tangy sauce for barbecues or use as a condiment for eggs, potatoes, meats or sandwiches. Very good on pork spareribs and chicken wings. Try it on your favorite roast. 2007-2014 Netta Belle's Choice cookbookinabox "Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off." Reg. "Trade-makes Canadian Intellectual Property Office." nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com
- 4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce, light sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mesquite liquid smoke
- Put all the ingredients into a large kettle.
- Blend together with a wire whisk.
- Cover and heat the sauce on medium heat to boiling.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Whisk frequently to prevent sticking or burning. The sauce will become thicker and darker in color.
- Wipe the underside of the lid to prevent moisture from dropping into the sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- This make 6 cups of sauce. Pour into quart or pint jars to save.
- When jars are cool store in the refrigerator.
Leave a review or comment