Mandarin Orange Coconut Bars for Mother's Day!Prep: 15 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 12by Kyle Dalakas100 recipes>
Mandarin Orange Coconut Bars for Mother's Day is the perfect breakfast in bed for the special lady in your life! Calling all Dads! Here is a simple and delicious treat to make with the kids for Mom on her special day!
- 1-11 oz. can Mandarin Oranges, drained reserving syrup
- 1/3 Cup of Butter
- 1/2 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 7″ x 11″ baking dish.
- Drain mandarin oranges, reserving the syrup.
- Cream butter, cane sugar and vanilla.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture alternately with the reserved syrup.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon mandarin oranges evenly over.
- Spoon the rest of the batter over, smoothing with a spatula.
- Combine coconut, brown sugar, walnuts and melted butter.
- Sprinkle evenly over the batter
- Bake at 350 degrees 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes and cut into squares,
- 12 servings
Leave a review or comment