Mamaw's Green Been CasserolePrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by Wendi Taylor51 recipes>
This was one of my Grandma's traditional Thanksgiving dinner dishes - and apparently it's a favorite here on CookEatShare as well! I think the pearl onions really set it apart from the typical green bean casserole. Another variation which has recently been suggested to me is to sprinkle shredded cheese on top before adding the french-fried onions. I'm going to give that one a whirl this year.
- 2 16 oz bags of frozen green beans
- 1 8 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 12 oz can french-fried onions
- 1 16 oz bag of frozen pearl onions
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Thaw onions.
- Blanch green beans.
- Stir milk into soup in a bowl or measuring dish, and stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Toss green beans and onions in a casserole dish.
- Pour soup mixture over them.
- Bake until hot & bubbly - approximately 25 minutes at 325 degrees, adjust as necessary to combine baking with other recipes.
- Top with french fried onions and bake a few more minutes until hot.
Leave a review or comment