Make Ahead Lasagna
Prep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + standing YIELD: 12 servings. Ingredients
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground hot or mild Italian sausage
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 15 oz. can pizza sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 15 oz. whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef and sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in marinara and pizza sauces. In a bowl, mix eggs, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Layer with four noodles, half of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup meat sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove lasagna from refrigerator while oven heats.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Leave a review or comment