Magadara BazPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by CHEF ASHRAF ABD ALEEM ELKHARBOTLY321 recipes>
- Brown lentils [boiled with 3 liter salted water and processed through a food mill] 1 kg
- Rice, uncooked, washed 500 grams
- Onion, peeled [minced finely and fried golden with a little of olive oil] 400 grams
- White pepper Taste
- Arabic pepper Taste
- Nutmeg, whole [grated] 1 pc
- Salt Taste
- 1. Boil the lentils until soft and process through a foodmill with the water.
- 2. Add the rice and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- 3. Add the onion and cook it 10 minutes more to become creamy in texture
- 4. Donât add the peppers, nutmeg and spices until about 2 minutes left to cook otherwise may become bitter.
- 5. Let cool and serve as an accompaniment yogurt and cucumber salad or cabbage salad.
- 6. Put the magadara like hummus into the
- plate and fill the well with the cabbage salad.
Leave a review or comment