MadeleinesPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by Christine104 recipes>
I had been longing to make madeleines or small French Sponge Cake for quite some time. All this while, I postponed the idea of making madeleines because I could not find the shell shaped molds typically designed for madeleines. I thought I would not be exactly baking madeleines if I didn't bake the cake in pans with shell-shaped depressions. My husband and I searched high and low for these distinctive shell-shaped baking pans in town but to no avail. I gave up. In the end, I bought two mini unconventional muffin pans to replace the shell-shaped baking pans and baked madeleines anyway.
- 2 Eggs
- 5ml Vanilla extract
- 65gr Sugar
- 60gr Cake flour
- 55gr Unsalted butter
- Icing sugar for decoration, as desired
- Preheat oven to 150 degree Celsius.
- Generously grease the madeleines pans with butter then dust them with flour evenly. Set aside.
- Melt butter and let it cool at room temperature. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and vanilla extract by using high speed electric mixer for 5 minutes until light.
- Beating the eggs constantly, gradually add sugar and continue beating at high speed until the mixture is thick and pale for another 5 minutes.
- Gently fold flour into the egg mixture 1/3 at a time by using spatula.
- Fold melted butter into the cake batter by using spatula.
- Spoon the cake batter into the molds, but not too full.
- Bake madeleines for 15-20 minutes or until the cakes are golden.
- Release the madeleines from pans and dust them with icing sugar, as desired.
- Serve madeleines warm. They are best eaten on the day they're baked.
Leave a review or comment