Lumpiang Shanghai (Spring rolls)Prep: 1 hours Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
One of my favorites! Spring rolls are very tasty and so easy to make It takes a little while to create but it is worth it.
- 1 kilo lean Ground Pork
- 1 medium Carrots (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Singkamas (Turnip) (shredded)
- 2 stalks Green Onions (diced)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 medium Egg (as binder)
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs (as binder)
- 1 pack Spring Rolls or (Lumpia Wrapper)
- 1 egg, beaten for sealing the wrapper
- Canola Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients except the last three.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons into a wrapper and spread all across from end to end.
- Roll tightly into a long 1/2 inch cylinder and seal the ends by brushing with egg.
- Cut into 2-3 inches lengths.
- Heat enough oil and deep fry using medium low heat so the wrapper and filling are cooked at the same time.
- Once golden brown, take out from the oil, drain in paper towels and serve while hot
Leave a review or comment