Luby's Cafeteria's Lemon Sour Cream Cake
- 1/2 lb softened butter - (1 c.)
- 1/2 c. solid all-vegetable shortening
- 3 c. sugar
- 5 x extra-large Large eggs
- 1 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 c. whole lowfat milk
- 3 c. all-purpose flour sifted with
- 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c. powdered sugar sifted
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar till smooth and fluffy. Add in Large eggs, one at a time, then add in lowfat sour cream and lowfat milk; mix till smooth. Blend flour mix into batter; remove beaters and stir in the extracts.
- Pour batter into a greased, floured 10-inch tube pan and bake 1 hour 30 min, or possibly till a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cold cake in the pan 10 min. Remove the cake from pan and cold on a rack. Drizzle with Lemon Sauce to serve.
- Lemon Sauce: In a medium-size bowl, whisk together sugar, butter and lemon juice till smooth. Use as directed above.
Leave a review or comment