Lowfat Turkey Stroganoff
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb grnd turkey
- 1 med onion minced
- 2 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 c. dry white wine
- 1 dsh nutmeg Salt and pepper
- 1 c. lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 ounce fettuccine freshly cooked Paprika
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add in turkey and onion and cook till turkey is brown, stirring occasionally, about 12 min.
- Fold in mushrooms, wine and nutmeg. Season turkey with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat. Simmer 15 min.
- Puree cottage cheese, yogurt and lemon juice in blender or possibly processor till
- smooth. Add in to turkey and stir till heated through (don't boil). Place
- fettuccine on platter. Pour turkey over. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serves 4.
- NOTES : A mix of cottage cheese, lowfat yogurt and lemon juice replaces the lowfat sour cream in the traditional version of this dish.
- Grnd turkey makes an especially good choice for those watchingtheir cholesterol intake.
Leave a review or comment