Low Calorie, Quick and Delish, Coq au VinPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
This is a wonderful low calorie and low fat version of the French classic. It’s so easy and straightforward. I’ve served it many times and everyone loves it. My version uses white wine instead of red wine, which creates a lighter tasting sauce and is cooked on the stove top instead of the oven. The skinny on one serving is 234 calories, 3 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. A regular recipe has 572 calories and 30 grams of fat. It smells so wonderful while cooking and is truly a gourmet treasure
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch chunks
- A little salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine, see shopping tip
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. Add chicken chunks to a bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper and toss with flour.
- 2. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add chicken, brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 3. In the same pan heat 2 teaspoons olive oil. Saute mushrooms, carrots and tomato paste over medium-high heat. Cook 3 minutes.
- 4. Add wine and broth and deglaze the pan. Continue to simmer for about 8 minutes until reduced by half. Add thyme sprigs and chicken. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5. Stir in onions and peas and simmer for about 3-5 minutes more until onions and peas are heated through
Leave a review or comment