Lovely Roasted TomatoesPrep: 15 min Cook: 3 hours Servings: 8by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Lovely Roasted Tomatoes are slow roasted until they caramelize and intensify in flavor. Make a big batch today and share with family and friends. Free Printable!
- 12 fresh vine-ripened tomatoes
- ¼ cup garlic infused olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Rinse, dry and stem the tomatoes. Slice them in half lengthwise and gently squeeze out the seeds or scoop them out with a teaspoon or grapefruit spoon (see photo above for example of seedless raw tomato).
- Lay the tomatoes, cut side up, in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone-baking mat. Drizzle with the garlic oil and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and Italian herbs. Roast for 3 hours, until tomatoes are soft and shriveled.
- Cool tomatoes and then fill your clean, lidded jars almost to the top. Print out the Lovely Roasted Tomatoes Printable and attach to lid of mason jar.
Leave a review or comment