Lone Star Pork & CabbagePrep: 15 min Cook: 75 min Servings: 4by Tracy Morris2 recipes>
We didn't eat a lot of pork in my house growing up. I grew up thinking that beyond ham and bacon, pork was something that Yankees eat. And yes, we did use that term. Still do in certain parts. I was a little crazy about folks from the northeast as a young woman. I get along peculiarly well with people who hail from The City (as those in the know refer to NYC). I learned about a lot of new ways to do things from my friends the Yankees, one of which was how to eat pork. Here's what you do with pork when you have a can of Lone Star that you dropped on the concrete while carrying in the groceries.
- 4 pork steaks
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1/2 red onion
- 1-2 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 busted can lone star beer
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Brown steaks in oil in a deep pan. Don't cook too long, just 'til pretty and brown on both sides.
- Slice the cabbage thick. Place slices on top of steaks.
- Slice the onion thick. Place on the cabbage.
- Sprinkle on caraway seeds.
- Pour on beer.
- Sprinkle cilantro, finely chopped, and salt.
- Cover. Cook on low for an hour.
Leave a review or comment