London Broil Sandwiches With Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb London broil - (abt 3/4" thick)
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Greek seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ct plain nonfat yogurt - (8 ounce)
- 1 lrg cucumber peeled, seeded, and minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dry dillweed
- 6 x pita bread rounds Shredded lettuce
- 1 lrg tomato diced Fresh dill Lemon wedges Cucumber slices
- Place beef between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or possibly rolling pin.
- Combine garlic and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish or possibly large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add in beef. Cover or possibly seal, and refrigerate8 hrs. Remove beef from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Stir together yogurt and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- Grill beef, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (300 to 350 degrees) 7 min on each side or possibly to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 min. Cut into thin slices.
- Place beef proportionately down center of hot pita rounds. Top with yogurt mix, lettuce, and tomato; roll up. Garnish, if you like, and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment