Lobster Eggs BennyPrep: 1 hours Cook: 1.5 hours Servings: 2by Lacy DeVeney10 recipes>
- For the Lobster:
- 1 – 1 1/2 lb lobster, live
- 3 quarts water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 6 green peppercorns, whole
- For the Hollandaise:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chives, sliced
- 4 eggs, poached (instructions below)
- 4 Individual Oven “Fried” Hash Browns
- Get your Individual Hash Brown Cakes prepped and in the oven.
- Poach your eggs: Add 1 tablespoon vinegar (I went with white wine vinegar) per every 1 quart of water. Bring the water mixture to a low simmer, swirl the water with a spoon and quickly add your egg. (This will create a central pull so the egg does not spread out.) Let the egg cook for 3-4 minutes, remove once egg whites are cooked and yolk still jiggles. Remove and place in a bowl with cold water. Repeat with rest of eggs, set aside until needed.
- Bring all of the ingredients fir the lobster (except the lobster) to a boil in a large pot. Place the live lobster in another large pot and pour the boiling liquid over the lobster. Place a lid on top and bring to a boil. Cooking for another 10-12 minutes. Remove the lobster, place in a ice bath to stop cooking.
- While the lobster is cooking bring a pot of water to a simmer. In a medium stainless steel bowl whisk together the egg yolks & lemon juice until creamy and doubled in size. Place the bowl over the simmering water, not touching the water. Continue to whisk, add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time until butter is fully incorporated. Continue whisking until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume. Remove from heat and add the Tabasco & salt to taste. Cover and place in warm area until needed.
- Once cool enough to handle remove lobster from ice bath, remove claws & tail. (You can save the body for stock â thatâs what I did & Iâm using it for V-Day dinner!) Split the tail & remove the meat, also remove meat from the claws.
- With the simmering water used for the hollandaise sauce, reheat your poached eggs by placing them in the water for 30 seconds. Remove and place on paper towel to drain.
- Plate your Individual Hash Brown Cakes â 2 per person. Place the tail meat on top of one cake & claw meat on other. Place one poached egg atop each cake. Mix the sliced chives into the hollandaise and drizzle generously over the eggs.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment