Loaded Baked Potato SoupPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Pam Solomon31 recipes>
This amazing soup is so creamy and delicious! If you love loaded baked potatoes, this soup is right up your alley! Seriously, how can you go wrong with potatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese and heavy cream? Comfort Food 101. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 1/2 pound bacon diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large russet potatoes diced
- 4 cups gluten free chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice flour (AKA glutenous or sushi rice)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch or arrowroot starch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- grated cheddar cheese for garnish
- sour cream for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the sweet rice flour, corn or arrowroot starch and the 1/3 cup of cold water, set aside. This is my never fail slurry, it works for soups, stews, gravy, etc...
- Place a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and diced onion and cook until onions are translucent and bacon is cooked through.
- Pour in the chicken stock,
- then the heavy cream and salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and add the diced potatoes.
- Bring to a low boil
- Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the sour cream, then add the slurry, stirring often until thickened.
- Stir in the green onions and simmer for another minute.
- Ladle the soup into large soup bowls and garnish with cheddar cheese and a little more sour cream if desired. I know you are going to love this soup! My husband raved over it! Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment