Lighten Up with this Easy Turkey and Apple MeatloafPrep: 20 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 6by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
This is a light, flavorful twist on a classic meatloaf. To make it skinny, I’m using ground turkey and adding grated apples, shredded onions and carrots, egg whites and multigrain bread crumbs. In addition, free-forming the meatloaf allows the excess fat from the turkey to remain on pan, not in the loaf. The crowning glory is the honey mustard glaze. The skinny for a 2 slice serving, 180 calories, 3 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Pure yumminess!
- Ingredients for Meatloaf
- 1 slice multigrain bread or whole wheat bread, I used Milton’s multigrain bread
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 pound ground turkey (93%)
- 1 cup onion, shredded or finely chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated, about 1 cup
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Ingredients for Topping
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons wholegrain Dijon mustard or regular Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil.
- In a blender, add 1 slice of bread and pulse into crumbs.
- In a large bowl, add crumbs and all remaining meatloaf ingredients except topping ingredients. Mix by hand until well blended. Form into a loaf, about 12â X 4â on foil lined baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey and mustard. Spread over top of meatloaf.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Prep Tip-Free forming meatloaf will cut out a lot of calories and fat. Once baked, most of the fat oozes onto the pan.
- Serving Tips-Serve with my recipe for Just Delicious Baked Sweet Potatoes or Dreamy, Dairy Free, Skinny Mashed Potatoes and steamed broccoli with a little reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light melted on top, if desired.
- Weight Watchers (old points) 3
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
- SKINNY FACTS: for 2 slices
- 180 calories, 3g fat, 20g protein, 19g carbs, 2g fiber, 285mg sodium, 11g sugar
- For more skinny recipes, pleas join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
Leave a review or comment