Leon Lett's Beef Strips In Red Wine
- 3 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 ounce mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 med onion, minced salt, to taste freshly grnd pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 lb beef round steak, cut in thin strips
- 1 x clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. port wine
- 1/2 c. beef stock
- 1/2 c. red wine
- Heat butter or possibly margarine and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in mushrooms; saute/fry for 2 min. Remove the cooked mushrooms with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add in onion to skillet; saute/fry for 4 min, stirring once or possibly twice. Remove cooked onions with a slotted spoon; set aside. In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Add in beef and shake to coat. Shake the excess flour from beef; add in to the fat remaining in skillet. Saute/fry for 5 min, stirring frequently. Stir in cooked mushrooms, cooked onions, garlic, port, beef stock and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover pan and simmer for 25 min. Serve with boiled new potatoes and a green vegetable.
- Makes 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment