Lentil Rice Pilaf
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg Clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 c. Minced shallots
- 2 tsp Curry pwdr
- 3/4 c. Uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 c. Uncooked lentils
- 2 c. Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 x Walnut halves, minced
- 1/4 c. Minced chives Pepper to taste
- 4 c. Steamed vegetables, such as Broccoli, carrot sticks, Green beans and sliced leeks
- 1. In large heavy saucepan heat extra virgin olive oil and saute/fry garlic and shallots. Don't allow to brown. Stir in curry pwdr and saute/fry 2 min.
- 2. Add in rice and lentils. Saute/fry 3 min. Add in water and salt.
- 3. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat.
- 4. Simmer over low heat 40 min.
- 5. Remove from heat and let sit 15 min without removing lid.
- 6. Stir in walnuts and chives.
- 7. Season to taste with pepper.
- 8. Place Lentil Rice Pilaf in middle of heated serving platter and arrange vegetables around it.
- VARIATION: Use the Lentil Rice Pilaf as a filling to stuff vegetables, such as green peppers, small winter squash, large zucchini etc. Precook vegetables before stuffing, then bake at 350 degrees F. till heated through.
Leave a review or comment