Lemony Quinoa and Pea PilafPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by gypsy6967 recipes>
- 3/4 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1 lime
- 1 spring onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-2 cloves of fresh green garlic (along with the green stem)
- Coriander to garnish
- 5-10 black pepper corns
- In a pot, put about 1.5 cups (twice as much as the quinoa) of water, and the quinoa and boil for 10-15 minutes. I had only frozen peas, and so added them in as well - which was a mistake, coz the peas have lost their right green color, this way. I'd add the peas in last along with the other veggies, the next time.
- Add the juice of half a lime and the curry powder when the pot first comes to a boil. Mix well.
- Chop the tomatoes, spring onion and garlic.
- Turn off the heat after 15 minutes max. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the veggies. Mix well.
- Add the black pepper powder and coriander to garnish along with the remaining lime juice.
- Pix at http://rawgirlinmumbai.blogspot.com/2010/12/lemony-quinoa-and-pea-pilaf.html
Leave a review or comment