Lemon Tart With Honey Almond Crust
- 1 1/2 c. Flour
- 1/2 c. Finely-minced almonds
- 1/2 c. Cool butter cut into 1/4" cubes
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 6 x Large eggs
- 4 x Egg yolks
- 1 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 c. Cream Zest of 6 lemons
- 1 c. Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Form a well with the flour and almonds and place butter and honey in center. Mix honey and butter together with hands to create a paste and then mix with dry ingredients till moist dough is formed. Split in half, wrap in plastic, and chill for 30 min.
- Remove one half and roll out to fit a 10-inch tart mold, walls included. Bake blind with foil and beans till crisp, fifteen min and cold. Lower oven to 360 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together Large eggs, yolks, lowfat milk, cream, zest, and sugar and pour into pan with crust. Bake till set, 35 to 45 min, cold completely, and serve.
Leave a review or comment