Lemon RiceServings: 1by Chetana Suvarna Ganatra13 recipes>
- Basmati rice 2 cups
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Mustard/Rai seeds 1 tspn
- Curry leaves 8-10
- Fenugreek/Methi seeds 1/2 tspn
- Peanuts 1/2 cup
- Cashew/Kaju 1/2 cup
- Tumeric/Haldi powder 1/2 tspn
- Split gram/chana dal 1 tbspn
- Split black gram/urad dal 1 tbspn
- Dry red chillies 1-2
- Ghee 1-2 tbspn
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida/Hing a pinch
- Coriander/cilantro 1/2 cup
- Wash and soak rice for 20 mins. Boil in salted water until almost done, drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a shallow pan, add the split grams, fenugreek, red chillies and mustard seeds.
- When the mustard spluters add the asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Throw in the tumeric and stir for a min. Add the cashew and peanuts, stir.
- Add the rice, salt and lemon juice.
- Stir to mix all together.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Leave a review or comment