Lemon Cashew Nut RicePrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 5by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Ghee and curry leaves scented rice with cashew nuts and coconut.
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp dessicated or fresh coconut
- 100g cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or as preferred)
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp ghee/butter
- Water and salt as needed
- Add washed rice, lemon juice, dessicated coconut, turmeric powder, water (about 3 cups) and salt into rice cooker.
- Give a good stir and let it cook.
- Fluff up rice after cooking.
- Now, heat ghee and fry cashew nuts till crunchy.
- Add curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Quickly stir, tip into rice and gently mix.
- Let it sit for about 10 mins before serving.
Leave a review or comment