Lemon Blueberry Yogurt BreadPrep: 20 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 12by Beth Roan118 recipes>
The moistest bread I've ever had. Love the lemon and blueberry combination.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (approximately 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bottom and sides of one 9 x 5-inch loaf pans and dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing loaf to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- While the loaf is cooling, make the lemon syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once dissolved, continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Use a toothpick to poke holes in the tops and sides of the warm loaf.
- Brush the top and sides of the loaf with the lemon syrup.
- Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush again.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- To make the lemon glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of the lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon glaze over the top of each loaf and let it drip down the sides.
- Let it sit about 15 minutes before serving.
- I kept it in the refrigerator and warmed it in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Leave a review or comment