Lemon Blueberry BarsPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 10by Jodi Taylor & Patricia Peterson3 recipes>
Wonderful cream cheese bars with a hint of lemon. A must try.
- For the Base:
- Butter, for greasing
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 9 graham crackers
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- For the Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (I used fat free)
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- For the Base:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease the bottom of a 9 by 9-inch baking pan with butter. Then place parchment paper over the top, pressing down at the corners. In a food processor, process the sugar, cinnamon and graham crackers until you have the consistency of breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse a couple of times to fully incorporate. Pour into the lined baking pan and firmly pat down with the bottom of a glass. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until set.
- For the filling:
- Add cream cheese, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar to the food processor and pulse until well combined. It should have a smooth consistency. Pour onto the cooked graham cracker base and then sprinkle with blueberries. They will sink slightly but should be half exposed.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the center only slightly jiggles. Remove from the oven and cool completely before Refrigerating for at least 3 hours. Once set, remove from pan using the parchment lining and slice into 10 rectangular bars.
Leave a review or comment