Left-overs pot pie
Take leftover turkey or baked chicken and turn it into a totally different meal, quickly.
- 9" inch frozen pie crust
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whole milk or half and half
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- pinch of ground white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, rough chop
- 3/4 cup left over vegetables (carrots, peas and or green beans)
- 1 cup of left over stuffing
- Preheat oven to 375
- Pierce pie crust with a fork and place on a cookie sheet, bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, whisk in flour. Add stock and blend well with whisk, keep over medium heat. Add milk or half and half. Turn to medium high heat and watching closely, let it come to a boil. Whisk frequently to keep flour from sticking to bottom of pan. Remove from heat as soon as it boils and add white pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Add chopped chicken or turkey and vegetables to the saucepan and stir. Pour into the pie shell and spread evenly. Turn oven temp down to 350. Sprinkle the left over stuffing over the pie and bake for 20 minutes or until the the stuffing is lightly browned.
Leave a review or comment