Layered Beef Tortilla CasserolePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by myra byanka510 recipes>
Easy prep casserole for Tex-Mex food lovers.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. olive or other oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can cheese or fiesta cheese soup
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 C salsa
- 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 9 corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Jack or other cheese of preference
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- opt: diced tomatoes, olives
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown beef in skillet.
- Saute onions in oil until golden brown, stir into beef with garlic powder.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 baking pan, or line with foil.
- Pour half the salsa in and spread to the edges.
- Add 3 tortillas and layer on top of them half the beef.
- Mix chiles with soup and pour half on top.
- Sprinkle on 1 C cheese.
- Repeat second layer and put the last three tortillas on top.
- Pour on red sauce and top with the last of the cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle on garnish and serve.
Leave a review or comment