Lavender Honey Glazed Chicken
- 1/4 c. lavender honey
- 5 x fresh bay leaves
- 1 sm thyme bunch
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 lb roasting chicken
- 3 x fennel stalks cut into 3" pcs
- 2 Tbsp. dry lavender buds
- 1/2 c. homemade chicken stock or possibly canned low-fat chicken stock
- 1/2 c. dry white wine Salt Freshly-grnd black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place the lavender honey, butter, 1 bay leaf, and half of the thyme sprigs in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook till just hot.
- Wash and dry the chicken. Season the chicken, inside and out, with salt and pepper. Place fennel stalks, remaining bay leaves, remaining thyme, and lavender buds into the cavity. Place chicken in a small roasting pan, and transfer to oven for 30 min. Rotate the pan, and roast 15 min. Pour the honey mix over the entire chicken, and roast 10 min.
- Remove chicken from oven, remove from pan, and transfer to a cutting board with a well. Let stand 5 min.
- If there are any burned particles in the pan, remove with a slotted spoon, and throw away. Using a large spoon, remove and throw away fat. Place the roasting pan over high heat, add in chicken stock and wine, and bring to a boil. Boil till thickened, 3 to 4 min. Pass gravy through a fine strainer, and serve with the chicken.
- Serves 4.
Leave a review or comment