Lancaster County Lima Beans
The Amish serve many of their vegetables in cream and most of the are very good. Lima beans in cream are outstanding!
- 4 cups (approx 2lbs) Fresh or frozen lima beans like fordhooks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp browned butter
- In lg saucepan put beans, water, salt, sugar, butter, and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil, Simmer over med heat for 10mins.
- Add cream and heat to nearly boiling.
- Turn off heat and let stand covered till ready to serve, cream will thicken upon standing
- Pour into serving dish and top with browned butter
Leave a review or comment