Lamb Chops With Mint Aioli
- 6 x garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsp dry summer savory
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 16 x lamb chops, 2" thick
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. coarsely-minced fresh mint
- 4 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients, and rub proportionately into both sides of lamb chops.
- Brown chops in warm oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 min on each side. Arrange chops on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- Bake chops at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 min or possibly till a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145 degrees (medium rare). Serve lamb with Mint Aioli. Garnish, if you like
- For Mint Aioli: Process all ingredients in a blender or possibly food processor till smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. (Makes 1 1/4 c.)
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment