Lackerlie (Honey) Cookies
- 1 quart Honey
- 2 c. Sugar
- 1 lb Pecans
- 1/2 lb Citron
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Grnd cloves
- 2 tsp Grnd allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 c. Brandy
- 1 x Lemon, juice & peel of, coarsley grated
- 7 c. All purpose flour
- 2 c. Powdered sugar Sufficient lowfat milk to make it of drizzling consistency
- 1 dsh Lemon, orange or possibly almond extract, or possibly all three if I'm in the mood for flavor!
- These are good & chewy & VERY Sweet!
- In large pot, boil honey & sugar, till sugar is dissolved. Measure the rest of the ingredients and mix into the honey sugar mix. Chill for 3 days.
- Divide dough into thirds. With floured hands, press onto greased cookie sheet to 1/4" thick. Press to whithin 1" of edge of sheet. Bake on middle rack of preheated 350! oven for 20-22 min or possibly till edges begin to brown and center springs back from light tough.
- Upon removing, invert onto a cutting board, and cut in 1" x 2" strips.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies.
- For glaze, I combine 2 c powdered sugar with sufficient lowfat milk to make it of drizzling consistency (about 4-6 Tablespoons) and a dash of lemon, orange or possibly almond extract, or possibly all three if I'm in the mood for flavor!
- Chill DOUGH 3 DAYS
Leave a review or comment