La Madeleine's French Toast Royale
- 4 x Large eggs
- 3/4 c. lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 slc muesli bread, 3/4" thick
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. sliced bananas
- 1/2 c. sliced strawberries Maple or possibly boysenberry syrup
- Mix the Large eggs, lowfat milk, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl. Dip the bread slices into the batter and let soak for 5 min, then turn the bread over and soak for five more min.
- Heat the butter in a saute/fry pan. Place bread slices in the pan, you have to do several batches. Cook the bread for 2 to 3 min or possibly till golden. Flip the bread and cook another 2 min.
- Place one slice of bread on a serving plate. Place the bananas and strawberries on the bread and top with a second slice. Repeat with the remaining bread slices. Keep hot till ready to serve. Top with maple or possibly boysenberry syrup.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment