Korean Gaeran Mari (Stuffed Egg Omelette w Cheese)Prep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 2by jason kim85 recipes>
The wife is usually in charge of this Korean appetizer dish called gaeran mari (stuffed egg omelette) because it takes some finesse (which I lack) and real cooking skills to roll the omelette at the right time. So far, I have failed incredibly two times, simply because I started flipping/curling too early and it broke to pieces...........full story and recipe at http://www.oliviajasonkim.com
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 slice American cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1 sheet Korean roasted seaweed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt, dash of ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Whisk eggs with finely chopped onions, green onions, carrots until well mixed. Add some seasoning of salt and pepper along with a dash of garlic powder if available.
- In a lightly greased non-stick pan or skillet, pour egg mixture and heat slowly over medium heat. It should take a few minutes before getting ready to flip.
- When solidified after a few minutes and almost cooked through, top with cheese in the middle.
- Roll omelette into a tight roll by lifting one side with a spoon or spatula until fully curled.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let omelette rest for a few minutes to cool.
- Slice into 1 or 2-inch pieces and serve with cross-sections showing.
Leave a review or comment