- 3/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 c. rice wine, (such as sake or possibly shaoxing)
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 sm jalapeno or possibly serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh grnd black pepper
- 5 x green onions, (including tops), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 lb meaty thick-cut short ribs
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro steamed rice, for accompaniment
- 1. Mix soy sauce, wine, oil, chiles, black pepper, green onions, garlic, and ginger in large roasting pan. Add in ribs, turning them several times in liquid. Cover pan with foil or possibly plastic wrap and let ribs marinate 3 hrs at room temperature or possibly overnight in the refrigerator, turning several times to coat meat thoroughly.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove and reserve ribs and pour marinade into bowl. Return ribs to pan, bone side down, leaving some space between them. Bake till tender (40 min to 1 hour, depending on thickness), brushing with reserved marinade every 10 min.
- 3. At the final basting, sprinkle ribs with sesame seed. When done, remove from oven, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve immediately with steamed rice.
- NOTES : Salty, spicy, grilled Korean short ribs have attained worldwide popularity in recent years. This version is oven baked.
Leave a review or comment