Knott's Berry Farm's Fried ChickenServings: 6by Global Cookbook92760 recipes>
- 2 lb frying chicken - (to 3) cut in eighths (we use all breasts with bones)
- 2 c. unbleached flour
- 1 quart oil (or possibly sufficient to cover the chicken)
- Cover chicken with salted water and soak for 45 min. (Very important)
- Drain chicken and pat dry. Coat each piece of chicken with flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Bring oil to a boil in an 8 1/2-qt saucepan, electric skillet or possibly iron skillet and drop in chicken pcs. Don't overcrowd chicken in the pot. Cover and fry for 45 min. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment