King's Bread PuddingServings: 1by Char2 recipes>
This is the most wonderful bead pudding . The King's Bread adds an unexpected touch of smoothness to the pudding. I like to bake mine in individual ramekins for easy serving to guest, drizzling the steamy sauce liberally over the top. Add a fresh strawberry with a spring of mint to the plate..stunning!
- 4 cups cubed King’s Hawaiian Bread
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine bread and raisins in large bowl. Combine milk and 1/4 cup butter in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted (4 to 7 minutes). Pour milk mixture over bread; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining pudding ingredients. Pour into greased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set in center.
- Serve with a warm rum or lemon sauce
Leave a review or comment