Kielbasa With Warm Cole Slaw
- 1 lb Kielbasa - (to 1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 c. Green cabbage in thin strips as if for cole slaw (not grated)
- 1 c. Grated or possibly julienned carrot
- 1 c. Plain yogurt Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Minced green bell pepper or possibly parsley for garnish
- Cut kielbasa into diagonal rounds and fry in an ungreased nonstick skillet till golden brown on both sides; remove to a plate. Add in cole slaw and carrots and stir-fry in rendered fat for a minute just to barely wilt; remove from heat, stir in sufficient yogurt to make creamy and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer hot "cole slaw" to a platter and center slices of kielbasa in middle; garish with parsley and/or possibly green bell pepper.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment