Kamote Fries (Sweet Potato Fries)Prep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is the filipino version of fries. Instead of using the regular potatoes, we use sweet potatoes. Filipinos have different ways to do this, but this is my quick and easy way.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brown sugar
- Canola Oil
- Peel and wash the sweet potatoes.
- Cut into thin long strips, about half inch thick.
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry each strip of sweet potatoes into the pan.
- Let it fry for about 2-3 minutes. It will tender the potatoes.
- Add the brown sugar slowly and let it melt to caramelize.
- The caramel will coat the sweet potato strips and stick around it.
- Let it cook for a minute of two.
- Take it off from the pan and let it drip onto a paper towel.
- Arrange each strips on a tall glass with wax paper or use paper cups.
- Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment