Kale And White Bean Soup With Parsnip And Potato
- 2 tsp extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c. minced onion
- 1 sm parsnip peeled and minced
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 3 c. non-fat canned chicken or possibly vegetable broth
- 3 c. stemmed kale in 1/2"strips
- 1 med red skinned potato peeled and minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 ounce cannellini beans, cooked rinsed and liquid removed salt and freshly grnd pepper to taste
- 1. In a small Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add in onion, parsnip and garlic. Saute/fry till onion is translucent/soft, about 6 min. Add in broth, kale, potato and pepper flakes.
- 2. Bring soup to boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 min, or possibly till kale is tender.
- 3. Add in beans and simmer till they are heated through.
Leave a review or comment