Kachhe Kele Ke Kebab Recipe (Gluten Free Raw Banana Fritters)Prep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 10by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
Kachhe Kele Ke Kebab Recipe is a delicious appetizer or snack made with raw banana and Bengal Gram Dal, it is gluten free too. These plantain fritters has mouth melting texture like the famed Lucknowi galouti kebabs and the teaspoon of garam masala provide the much required earthy flavor to the Kachhe Kele ke Kebab. The seasonal drift from scorching summer to sweltering monsoon is evident in the food cravings as well.
- 2 large size raw banana
- 1 cup split Bengal gram dal
- 1 large size onion fine chopped
- 2 green chili fine chopped
- a fistful of coriander leaves chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ inch piece of ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala (see recipe here)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp mango (amchur) powder
- vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 2 tbsp corn flour dissolved in 4 tbsp of water
- To prepare the Kachhe Kele ke Kebab, rinse and soak the gram dal 30 minutes or so in water.
- While the dal is soaked cook the raw banana in pressure cooker along with the skin for 2 - 3 whistles over medium heat. Cook them till they are still firm yet they can be pierced by a knife.
- Let the steam escape naturally from the pressure cooker. Open the lid and drain the cooked bananas in a colander. Peel the skin and transfer the boiled bananas in a mixing bowl. Keep aside till required.
- In the same pressure cooker cook the the gram dal in 3/4 cup of water along with salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder till it is firm but cooked. Make sure not to add to much of water while cooking dal, add enough water just to cook dal, no excess water should remain in the pressure cooker post cooking dal.
- Once dal is cooked grind it into coarse paste using mixer or food processor, do not add any water while grinding the dal.
- Add the paste of dal in the same mixing bowl as raw bananas.
- Now in a food processor fine chop the onion, green chili, garlic, ginger and coriander together. This step can be done without food processor as well.
- Add chopped aromatics to the dal and banana mixture along with garam masala, cumin powder and mango powder.
- Using a potato masher or your fingers mash the mixture to a smooth paste. At this stage you can store the kebab mixture in the fridge as well to be used later.
- With moist hands scoop out the mixture, about the size of a peach, flatten it using fingers seal any cracks that may appear on the edges. Flatten them to half an inch thickness.
- While you are shaping the kebabs heat oil over medium heat in a frying pan for shallow frying the kebabs.
- To shallow fry the kebabs, dip each kebab in the paste of cornflour and water. You can skip this step if making gluten free kebabs instead of cornflour gram flour can be used for the same purpose.
- Once oil is heated, shallow fry the kebabs till they become crisp from outside and light brown in color. Using kitchen tongs turn them over to cook the other (top) side the same way.
- Transfer Kebabs on a kitchen towel or an oil absorbent paper.
- Serve Kachhe Kele ke Kebab with Coriander Chutney and onion rings.
Leave a review or comment