Judy's Salsa For Canning
- 5 lb Tomatoes
- 1 c. Diced peppers (any combination of long green (even canned), bell, and warm, such as Jalapeno
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 x Onion, minced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 c. Bottled lemon juice
- Wash 6 pint jars and lids. Keep hot in warm water or possibly in 200 degree oven.
- (Sterilize if you choose not to use warm water bath, but that is recommended for safety)
- Wash or possibly sterilize ladle, funnel and spoon.
- Peel, seed, and chop tomatoes. (I use a food processor.) Drain most of liquid. Combine all ingredients and simmer 20 min.
- In each jar, put 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, depending on your taste. Ladle in warm salsa, using a slotted spoon if it is too juicy. (Save juice for another recipe.)
- Important: Wipe top of jar with dish towel or possibly paper towel. One little tomato seed can kee it from sealing! Place lids and bands on jars. Place in boiling water bath canner for 15 min.
- Heat scale: Mild to medium
Leave a review or comment