Jerked Chicken Stuffed With Goats' Cheese On Red Pepper Mar
- 6 gm Pimento berries
- 1/2 dl Vegetable oil
- 1/2 x Clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 7 x Spring onions, finely minced
- 3 x Chillies, minced
- 1/4 stk cinnamon
- 10 x Bayleaves
- 1/4 Tbsp. Black pepper
- 160 gm Soft goats' cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander, picked and minced
- 4 x Chicken breasts with skin on Salt and pepper
- 4 x Red peppers
- 2 Tbsp. Groundnut oil
- 3 x Cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 x Red chilli, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 200 ml Chicken stock
- 2 x Tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded and diced
- Heat the pimento berries in a little oil for 4 min. Stir often. Lb. in a mortar. Add in the garlic, spring onions, chillies, cinnamon, one bayleaf and black pepper and lb. until you get a very thick, smooth paste.
- Mix the goats' cheese with the coriander. Trim the chicken breast and make a long incision from the thick end of the chicken breast. Fill with the goats' cheese and rub the paste all over the breast. Leave in the fridge for 1/2 hour to marinate.
- Grill very gently on a barbecue. Throw some bayleaves on the charcoal to get the scent and aroma on to the chicken.
- Red pepper marmalade: Cook all the ingredients together.
- Place the red pepper marmalade in the middle of the plate. Cut the chicken into 3 and arrange on top.
Leave a review or comment