We had this tonight. It was delicious. The flavor is really infused the pork beautifully. We served it with a mixture of brown/white rice cooked in chicken broth and mixed with black beans. It was a great combination. A cuban style feast.
If you are serving to people with mild taste buds, try using just 1-2 serrano peppers. With 3 it is quite spicy. Cook a portion of the tenderloin with no serranos for the kids.
Jerk PorkPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Andrew2 recipes>
This dish is best prepared on a grill with the tenderloin served with a pink center.
- 2.5 lbs pork tenderloin
- 6-8 green onions
- 1 habanero chile without seeds (or 3 serrano with seeds)
- 2 Tbs allspice
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbs fresh ginger
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar (or more for a sweet jerk)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- Add garlic cloves to food processor. Pulse until rough chopped.
- Add green onions, ginger, and habanero. Pulse until well chopped.
- Add lime, soy, allspice, salt, sugar, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oil. Run processor until pureed.
- Recite secret Jamaican Jerk incantation while transferring marinade to a ziploc bag and adding the tenderloin. Marinate for 8 hours.
- Grill pork on all sides until pork has a pink center.
Leave a review or comment