Jerk Chicken With Grilled Veg Salsa And Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breast halves, washed & dry Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 Tbsp. Jerk seasoning blend Jerk sauce, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. Cooked rice, brown or possibly white
- 2 c. Cilantro leaves, (tightly packed)
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Red onion, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 1 med Vidalia onion, cut in 1/4" slices
- 1/2 med Red bell pepper, cut in two
- 1/2 x Yellow bell pepper, cut in two
- 1 x Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 x Serrano pepper, chopped
- 1 x Scallion, minced coarsely
- 3 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 can (15.5 ounce) black beans, rinsed & liquid removed
- For chicken: Rub chicken with oil and then rub in the Jerk seasoning blend on both sides. Place the chicken in a shallow dish and chill for 4-6 hrs or possibly more.
- When ready to cook, heat up a grill (whichever you are using - grill pan, charcoal grill, gas grill, or possibly GF Grill). Cook chicken till soft but done, when you puncture it you should not see any pink and the juices should run clear. About halfway, turn the chicken over. This should take around 15-20 min.
- For Vinaigrette: Combine the cilantro, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, onion and honey in a blender and puree. With the motor running, slowly add in the oil till emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into a squeeze bottle. May be prepared up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving. makes 1 c..
- For salsa: Heat a grill pan (or possibly a charcoal grill, gas grill or possibly GF Grill).
- When warm, brush a small amount of oil on it or possibly spray some cooking spray over it. Grill onion slices, red pepper strips. When brown or possibly black on each side, remove from grill. When cold sufficient to handle, coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Chop scallions and tomatoes coarsely. Mince chiles. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.When warm, add in scallions, chiles and garlic. Saute/fry till scallions are a little soft, 1-2 min. Add in tomatoes, grilled veggies and black beans. Saute/fry till tomatoes breakdown a bit, 5-7 min.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Take off heat and set aside.
- To plate: Spread 3/4 c. of rice in center of plate. Cut chicken breasts into 6 pcs each, on the diagonal. Fan them out along one half of the plate. Place 3 Tbsp. of grilled veg salsa in the middle of the plate (on top of rice). Drizzle cilantro vinaigrette around plate. Drizzle some jerk sauce over chicken. If you wish, dollop some lowfat sour cream on top of the chicken also.
Leave a review or comment