Jerk Chicken Wings With Creamy Dipping SaucePrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 12by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
Chicken Drumettes are the meaty sections of chicken wings, separated from the wing tips and shaped into tiny drumsticks. You may need to order them in advance, or buy about 3 1/2 pounds of chicken wings; cut off and discard the spiny wing-tip sections. Most of the time I like these wings without the dip.
- Chicken Wings:
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tsp. Ground Allspice
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Hot Pepper Sauce (See Tip)
- 3 Lbs. Chicken Wings, Halved & Tips Removed
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Scallions, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Non-Fat Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- In large non-reactive bowl, combine thyme, brown sugar, garlic, allspice, salt, vinegar and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Add chicken wings; toss to coat evenly. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line two 15x10x1-Inch baking pans with foil; spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken wings in sprayed foil-lined pans. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. This is great grilled over medium heat charcoal, grill until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all dipping sauce ingredients; blend well. Serve sauce with chicken wings.
- Tip: I use Cholula Hot Sauce Lime for the grilled wings and Cholula Hot Sauce Chipotle for baked wings. I love Cholula Hot Sauce, it's the best that I have found. It's not sour like the rest of them. See attached website for flavors and store locations.
Leave a review or comment