Japanese Mum's Chicken
Needed a recipe easily doubled or tripled for a dinner party for 15. This should be great. Oh. No worries. I already did! Found it on Food.com
- 32 Chicken Drumsticks or any piece you prefer
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups soy sauce
- 10 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and bruised
- 4 small hot chili peppers, slit open, seeds removed
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove any scum that rises to the surface.
- Increase the heat, turning the drumsticks frequently in the liquid, and cook until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, remove the garlic clove and chili from the liquid, and spoon the glaze over.
- NOTE. It's a glaze rather than a sauce, so there's not a whole lot of it.
Leave a review or comment