Jammy Oat RollsPrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 12by Hungry Jenny474 recipes>
A fun alternative to your bog standard cinnamon roll - experiment with your favourite flavour of jam and berries to match. This recipe cuts into 12 rolls - or 9 if you want them to be a bit bigger!
- 100g blueberry jam
- 100g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 250g plain flour
- 75g rolled oats
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 300ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Sift the flour into a large bowl with the oats, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the cream. Use your hands to knead into a dough.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface into a large rectangle (approx 18 x 10").
- Spread the jam evenly across the dough, then scatter over the blueberries.
- Roll up the dough from the long side into a tight cylinder shape.
- Cut into 12 slices, then place into a lined tin, cut side up, and bake for about 30 minutes.
Leave a review or comment