Jammin' JambalayaPrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Smokinhotchef330 recipes>
This is my take on jambalaya encompassing the essence of the dish without a lot of fuss. These flavors mimic the flavors that have been key to jambalaya since it's origin around the early 1800's. I omitted the traditional okra. Not a big fan of okra!! Nonwithall, this recipe is super simple, simply delicious. Great as a main course or a slammin' side dish. Either way, flavor orgy in your mouth! Oui Oui!!
- 2 c. uncooked rice, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 tsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 turkey sausages links, casings removed
- 1/2 c. diced cooked ham
- 2 c. frozen veg. seasoning blend, red peppers, celery, and onion
- 1 bottle clam juice
- 1 small can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 large bay leaf
- 3 c. low sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan with lid, bring heat up medium high and add olive oil. Carefully add turkey sausage and break up with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Cook until no longer pink about 5 minutes.
- Stir in diced cooked ham.
- Add vegetable blend and clam juice. Cook several minutes until pan has been de-glazed and aromatic. Add can of tomatoes and chilies, bay leaf, spices and rice.
- Stir to coat rice with flavors and add chicken broth. Bring up to a boil and let cook about 5 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Let simmer until rice is fully cooked about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and season with kosher salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
Leave a review or comment