Jamaican Jerk Chicken With Papaya Salsa
- 4 x Leg, chicken, quarters broiler/fryer type
- 2 Tbsp. Warm pepper sauce
- 1 tsp Salt, seasoned, spicy
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1 1/2 c. Papaya, diced
- 1/4 c. Onion, red, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Pepper, red, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Jelly, warm pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, minced Rice, cooked
- Papaya Salsa:In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together well.
- Makes about 2 c..
- Chicken:In a shallow container, place the warm pepper sauce. Add in chicken, one piece at a time, turning to coat. Sprinkle salt, cinnamon and allspice over the chicken.
- Place the chicken, skin side up, in a single layer in a large shallow baking dish. Bake at 400 F, basting twice with pan juices, for 45 min or possibly till the chicken is fork tender.
- Arrange the rice and chicken on a serving platter. Spoon papaya salsa over the chicken.
Leave a review or comment